AWS Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) is one of the most popular services provided by Amazon Web Services. It provides computational power through virtual servers or computers so you can host your applications or data on it.
Create and launch your EC2 instance.
Step 1: Sign In to AWS Management Console and open EC2 Service.
* Sign In to AWS Management Console by using your credentials.
* In top search bar, you can write ‘EC2’. It will show ‘EC2’ service and after you click on it, it will redirect you to the EC2 Dashboard.
Step 2: Launch Instance.
* After entering the EC2 dashboard, you will be given an overview of all EC2 resources for your chosen region.
* Click on ‘Launch Instance’ to create EC2 Instance.
Step 3 : Choose an Amazon Machine Image (AMI).
There are many configurations but only the most important ones will be covered.
* Choose an AMI.
* I am choosing ‘Amazon Linux 2 AMI’.
Step 4: Choose Instance Type.
* I am choosing ‘T2.Micro’ as my Instance Type because it’s free. It provides 1vCPU and 1GiB memory which is enough for staging purpose.
Step 5: Create Key Pairs
A key pair is a combination of a public key that is used to encrypt data and a private key that is used to decrypt data.
To clarify, you use the private key rather than a password to log-in securely.
You can use a key pair to securely connect to your instance. Ensure that you have access to the selected key pair before you launch the instance.
* Click on ‘create new key pair’ if you don’t want to use the existing key pair.
Step 6: Network settings.
I’ve left the default security group configuration with only 22 ports open for SSH so that I can access my instance. If you’re planning to set up your instance as a web server, feel free to open 80 or 443 on my instance too!
Step 7: Configure Storage.
Free tier eligible customers can get up to 30 GB of EBS General Purpose (SSD) or Magnetic storage
I am choose default setting. 1 volume(s) – 8 GiB.
Keep the Advance setting as it is.
Step 8: Summary.
Please check the setting before ‘Launch the Instance’.
* Click ‘Launch Instance’.
You will see the success message.
Step 9: Go to EC2 Dashboard, and rename the instance name according to you.
2 thoughts on “How to create AWS EC2 instance step by step Linux 2022.”
Pingback: How to install a LAMP web server on Amazon Linux 2? - The Technical Diaries
Pingback: How to connect to AWS EC2 instance via SSH/Putty from windows using a key-pair? - The Technical Diaries